Introduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation
The IWR class covers wildlife rehabilitation regulations in Ohio, handling wildlife calls, neonatal care of orphaned wildlife, zoonotic diseases, stabilization, and transportation of Category 1 species (tree squirrels, ground squirrels, and Eastern Cottontail Rabbits). This class, or an equivalent, is required by the Ohio Division of Wildlife to apply for a Category 1 Rehabilitation Permit. Instructor: Kristen Beck
- Registration fee includes manual, handouts, and certificate of completion. Due to current events, this workshop will not include a lunch. The price of this workshop will be offered at a reduced cost. Registrants are welcome to bring their own lunch, snacks, and beverages.
- Online registration ends 5 PM February 25th.
- Live animal demonstrations are not a part of this workshop, nor are live animals permitted at the workshop (with exception of service animals)
- OWRA Workshops are reserved for individuals 18 years of age or older.
- Masks are encouraged but not required subject to change according to CDC mandates
- Students will be required to show proof of current status
- Payment is due at the time of registration
Return to OWRA Events
The minimum number of attendees for workshops is 8. If the minimum number of registrants is not reached by Sunday, February 20th, the class will be cancelled and paid registrations will receive a full refund.