This workshop is a blend of 75% lecture with 25% hands-on immersion in nutrition! Learn about essential vitamins and minerals, colostrum and infant needs, kcal calculations and how to read a basic food label; followed by 30 min of hands-on for kcal calculation problem set, gavage feeding then a review of basic fluid therapy. Learn about fluid calculations, SQ/PO administration (+/-IO for any attending veterinarians), emaciation and refeeding syndrome and commonly encountered nutritional problems in wildlife!
Instructor: Dr. Nicki Rosenhagen
Registration Information (details for pricing, full registration information and policies)
- Pre-conference workshop with limited registration
- May attend the workshop without registering for the conference; separate registration required for all pre-conference workshops.
- Membership must be current at the time of registration to receive the member discount. Membership period is Jan 1- Dec 31 and is not prorated.
- Lunch is optional with this class for an additional $25; separate registration required. Vegetarian option available.
- Walk-ins are accepted if space is available
- Payment is due upon arrival
- Pre-registration is preferred
For questions regarding your registration, email email@example.com. If you need more information about the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.