Gavage Feeding Workshop
Not just for neonates! If you are new to gavage feeding or want to learn techniques on a new species or just refresh your skills, this is the lab for you! Join Vanessa and Kristi as they discuss protocols, animal handling, various types of feeding mechanisms, tips for the difficult patient, safety for both the patient and you. This lecture and lab will cover gavage feeding for avian, mammal and reptile. This class also covers adults when self-feeding is not appropriate.
Instructors: Vanessa Shanower (Joseph and Helen Sommer Wildlife Conservation Center) and Kristi Krumlauf (Ohio Wildlife Center)
Registration Information (details for pricing, full registration information and policies)
NOTE: If the hotel management makes the decision to put COVID restrictions in place, this will limit the number of people allowed in the room. Should this happen, the first to register for the event will maintain their seats while the most recent registrations will be refunded. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience.
- Pre-conference workshop with limited registration
- May attend the workshop without registering for the conference; separate registration required for all pre-conference workshops.
- Membership must be current at the time of registration to receive the member discount. Membership period is Jan 1- Dec 31 and is not prorated.
- Lunch is optional with this class for an additional $25; separate registration required. Vegetarian option available.
- Walk-ins are accepted if space is available
- Payment is due upon arrival
- Pre-registration is preferred
If you need more information about the workshop, please email email@example.com. For questions regarding your registration email firstname.lastname@example.org.